- 12-Nov-2013 to 10-Feb-2014 (MST)
- Eden Prairie, MN, USA
- Part Time
This position is responsible for rendering nursing care for patients of the miCare clinic under the delegation of the miCare Practitioner(s). This position will also perform applicable office and clerical duties as related to the daily miCare Clinic operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General LPN duties
1.1. Utilizes nursing knowledge and skills to perform nursing tasks under the conformance of current and recognized nursing techniques, procedures and standards. Includes but not limited to:
1.1.1. Office reception, including greeting patients, answering telephone, and direct calls to patients.
1.1.2. Documenting patients' demographics, history, symptoms and other significant information as directed by the Practitioner(s).
1.1.3. Medication administration.
1.1.4. Assisting with or performing procedures.
1.1.6. Managing patient flow.
1.1.7. Perform effective communication with miCare team and patient to ensure coordination of care.
1.2. Carry out Practitioner(s) orders accurately and directly.
1.3. Document provided care as required.
- Operational Responsibilities
2.1. Inventory, ordering and restocking supplies.
2.2. Maintaining documentation and patient files.
2.3. Maintain a functional and clean work environment.
2.4. Maintain procedure manual, update as needed. Ensure consistent management to procedures.
2.5. Facilitation of Health Fairs/annual HRA draws/flu shots for participating employers.
2.6. In collaboration with Marketing, develop of materials for sales and marketing the miCare clinics.
2.7. Presentation to potential and existing clients.
- Customer Service
3.1. Acts as a role model in demonstrating the core values in customer service delivery.
3.2. Provides timely and thorough follow up with, internal and external customers.
3.3. Appropriately escalates difficult issues up the chain of command.
- Quality Assurance
4.1. Serves on committees, work groups, and/or process improvement teams, as assigned, to assist in improving quality/customer satisfaction.
4.2. Recognizes and alerts appropriate supervisor of trends within their scope of responsibility that fall outside of quality parameters.
4.3. Performs self quality monitoring in order to develop and execute plans to meet established goals.
4.4. Provides ongoing feedback to help optimize quality performance.
4.5. Collaborates with others and cross-departmentally to improve or streamline procedures.
4.6. Develops new or improves current internal processes to improve quality
4.7. Trains new employees as assigned
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor.
- Licensed practical nurse with a current Minnesota LPN license
- Minimum of three years clinical nursing experience
- Medical terminology proficiency
- Current BLS
- Working knowledge of computers and software including but not limited to Microsoft Office products
- Proficient typing skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, problem-solving, analytical skills and detail oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize workloads multi-task and manage priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of protected health information in compliance with HIPAA regulations
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Work is indoors in an office environment with moderate noise. Intermittent physical effort involving lifting of up to 25 pounds, standing, sitting, walking, and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling, and supporting patients is required. A typical workday may involve exposure to virus, disease and infections. Also frequent use of a keyboard, and reaching with hands and arms required. Normal vision and hearing abilities required, including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!